Simply Simmons Multi Media Brushes
Simply Simmons Extra Firm Acrylic and W/M Oil Brushes
Long and short handle brushes made from firm synthetic filaments. These brushes keep an excellent point with a strong spring for thick and thin applications of color. Great for acrylic, impasto, oil, and water soluble oil painting and perform well on rough surfaces.
- Angular Brights/Shaders: Used for tight shading and curved strokes.
- Bright/Shaders: Length and width of brush is generally squared. Similar to flats, but shorter hairs make a stiffer brush.
- Fans: Brush fibers are spread out making it useful for subtle blending and for textural effects.
- Filberts: Create a softer edge than a flat or bright.
- Flats: Longer hairs than a bright, this brush has more flex and a large color carrying capability.
- Liners: Similar to rounds, but with longer hairs. Liners have a large color carrying capacity and makes long, fluid strokes.
- Rounds: Smaller sizes are typically used for detail work and larger sizes tend to be used for washes and filling in color.
- Strokes: Strokes have long, rectangular ends, a large color carrying capacity and create long, fluid strokes.
- Washes/Glazes: A wide, flat brush used primarily to lay-in large amounts of color, to wet paper, or for blending.